The unique genetic makeup of infants is inherited from both parents, with half coming from the father and half from the mother.
Male foetus paternity test: If there are 15 STR markers that match, the parent-child relationship can be determined with an accuracy as high as 99.9%;
If more than two STR markers do not match, paternity can be disproved with an accuracy of 100%.
Female foetus paternity test: The single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) and SNP locus testing processes use extremely accurate and scientific technologies.
1. Confirm how far along the pregnancy is using an ultrasound scan and determine the sex of the foetus by genetic testing.
2. Pregnant women can make an appointment at a designated blood collection centre, where they will be asked to provide two 10ml blood samples and a sample from the test subject (i.e. the suspected father).
3. We compare the cell-free DNA in the mother’s blood sample mother with the test subject’s genesand analyse the results.
4. The data is then verified and reviewed by a technician.
5. Test results are provided within 5 days for a male foetus or7-10 days for a female foetus.